This is a recipe I found on Pinterest while searching for healthy breakfast recipes that wouldn’t include eating eggs everyday. Muffins aren’t usually very healthy because of the high sugar content and because they’re not very filling, but these use honey as well as sugar and the oats make them more protein packed and filling. I loved this recipe and so did my family and fiancee so I hope y’all do too. I made mini muffins because I couldn’t find my normal sized muffin pan, but I thought the miniature ones turned out really cute and I liked them more than a regular sized muffin.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2/3 sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla greek yogurt, the original recipe called for honey yogurt but I had trouble finding this particular flavor so I substituted vanilla yogurt and added honey myself
- 2 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Mix together your dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk yogurt and honey together then add eggs, butter, and vanilla extract until completely combined.
- Fold your wet ingredients mixture into your dry ingredients and stir until totally integrated.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin tin with muffin mixture, they don’t rise much so you don’t have to worry about them overflowing if they’re pretty full.
- Bake until golden, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
I loved this recipe because of how filling these were and how the blueberries burst in your mouth when you take a bite. The only thing I didn’t like was how difficult it was to try to figure out how much honey to add because I couldn’t find honey flavored greek yogurt at my local grocery store. Besides that, this recipe was surprisingly easy to make and I will definitely be baking them again in the future. This recipe made 24 mini-muffins so I believe it would make approximately 12 regular sized muffins and this recipe costs less than $20 to make after purchasing the yogurt, blueberries, and honey. I found the original recipe here if you would like to check it out or would like to view other recipes on this blog. Thank y’all for following along and I hope y’all have a great day!